Monday, May 18, 2009

Whats in a NAME ???

the story of me being named DOPA



First of all I would like to give the credit to following people for making it possible for me to be named DOPA

1.       Aparna Bedi – for making that MMS

2.      Vedaant – for coming up with the word DOPA

3.      Bihari – for making me realize that there was no way of avoiding it and it was better to accept the name

 

Its customary for all of us to have a smile on our faces whenever we remember our ragging times.... because thats just the way raging at iitk is(or I shud say 'was'), that apart from teaching you a few things and apart from bringing you closer to ur seniors, it ought to bring a smile to your face…. Only if you are not someone like chakro…my condolences…

Neways coming back to the topic of discussion, first of all I hope that everyone reading this post knows the full form of DOPA...I mean all those who are in iitk...... So the origin of it all goes back to the days of Kota when I was coaching for we all know what…. So apart from attending all the lectures sincerely, roaming about on my scooty searching for hot chicks in the neighbouring girls’ hostels and playing midnight football daily till police would drive you away at 3:00 am, another activity would consume about a couple of hours daily and that was the time I spent at the new broadband internet cafĂ© that had just been set up on the floor above TTS(don’t tell me you don’t know what TTS was)…..yeah, right, I am talking about the sify-i-way atop the Tina Tea Stall(TTS) and much of this time was dedicated to s.shalini.17@yahoo.co.in (dudes, she was a model :P)… But I think I will write about her sometime else…So I had again deviated from the story, but it was necessary cause she was the girl who introduced me to something called MMS… It was the time when the MMS of the DPS-RKP fame had leaked and each boy at Bansals was yearning to get a glimpse of it. I remember that one of the boys from senior batch at kota who owned a nokia6600 had the clip with him….by the way 6600 was hot property as it was perhaps the only cell that could play that clip… :P… neways so this girl I was talking about (lets call her shalini)…. Yeah so shalini told me about this clip and actually she mailed me the clip…. I was astonished at first to see that things like this could happen among schools sudents but what was it to me I got what I wanted from this clip and that was all there was to it…

It was from then onwards that I would always look on for such clips….. they give you a knowledge of what exactly happens in the taboo world…..

So now we come to post JEE period…by this time I had collected a huge collection of such clips… lets say more than 30 videos which included the famous movie scene of demi-moore, heather-graham, Monica-Belluci and Penelope-Cruz

And now I came to iitk with my new mobile(N-70, the then hottest model, which I got as present in consideration of the fact that I had made to the ever hottest department in iitk…..batti….thanks to the AIR-212)

Neways you must be wondering why I started off with a description of ragging and that was because ragging played an important role in frustrating the students who would come back to rooms at night to find that one of their wing-mates (me) has a good collection of some really good videos

The news spread like fire in a jungle and I hardly had my mobile with me as someone or the other would lend it from me……

It was just then that another wing-mate came to know about this word(DOPA)….and it got everyone thinking and they named me DOPA…..

After that one day I went to bihari’s room and knocked, he shouted in his usual bihari tone ‘kauun hai be??’ and I waited for a few seconds only to realize that I have to say ‘DOPA’….or he won’t understand….since then it has become almost impossible to avoid this name….

Now even the girls call me DOPA….hell even one of my friend’s mom calls me DOPA……

I kind of like it now…..or I should say I have to live with it….. sometimes it gives a wrong impression about me to a totally new person…..

But then I think ‘what the hell’ ….. these are the kind of things you will always remember about your college life and now I am glad I was named DOPA…..

 

3 comments:

  1. This was long overdue! I didn't know your real name till almost a year since I had first met you!! Knowing the history behind it was enlightening. Aur logon ke bhi funde kholo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOPA you should have given out the full form too - here it is for completeness sake: Dean Of Pondy Affairs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why I can't see your blog ,this page is like empty

    ReplyDelete