Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sinusoidal Function

I have always wondered, “How would it be like to be in a real relationship with an actual girl??”

Not having been in one ever I know too little by myself in this regard…. But apart from a number of other topics on which I do social surveys (as in I ask all my friends their views about it and then I make conclusions) some of which are too embarrassing to mention here, I have also done this survey on how is it like to be in a relationship (boy perspective only….thanks to the negligibly small number of female friends I have…..err sorry not female friends …. female acquaintances would be a better description)

“So what is it like”, I asked my friend who had now been seriously committed for over a year. He says, “Dude !! kya bataun…. Jaisa movies me dikhate hain na wo sab hota hai……dil ki dhadkane tez hona…. Milne ke bahane dhoondna aur pata nahi kya kya…”

With this I burst into laughter, coz that was far from what I had ever expected…. I always believed that it was utterly impossible for things to happen in real life the way they did in movies…..

Another friend with a better experience this time(2 years) tells me, “All I want is her face smiling and whenever I do something I think of her and how would it make her happier…” and as always it was too much for me…. How can u be so ascetic when it comes to that girl and otherwise u are the most harami person ever seen….. and another response goes over me….

Finally ek response thoda hazam hota hai….he said “relationship me to sab achha hai….asli feeling to judai me hai….main to kavi ban gaya tha…. Bahut saari poems likhin…. Use bheji bhi likh ke…”….i asked “judai kyun”…. “papa ka transfer ho gaya tha yaar” he replied with a sad face…..

And there were a number of other responses that had similar characteristics but one thing was common to all the responses…. And it was the extremity of emotions one witnesses in a relationship…sometimes you are very happy and sometimes you are very sad….

Finally I discussed this with a girl…. And she told me something that some other boy had told to her… and this thing she told me appealed to the batti engineer in me(btw only 7.6/10)… and it finally had begun to make sense…..

It was a kind of explanation of variation of feeling with time…..I further gave it an immense thought, correlated her explanation with the responses I had got from my various friends…

And I finally came up with a mathematical explanation variation of feeling with time and below I have given the equation and the plot for feeling vs time…

Feeling = a.sin(w1.t) + b.sin(w2.t) + c

Where w1 >> w2 and a is short time coefficient, b is the long time coefficient and c is the base level

By varying a,b,c, w1 and w2 we can model the feeling vs time of any boy.


So we can assume that the wave with the larger frequency has a time period of lets say varying from 2 hrs to about 2 days

Also the time period for wave with lower frequency is about 1 month to 3 months

Now this variation explains how someone in a relationship feels very happy today morning the very next morning he is sad…..also this is able to explain the long term phases in a relationship for example as one of my friend told me that he had a 3 month bad phase followed by a 4 month good phase….

The absolute level of feeling is defined by the constant ‘c’ meaning the average happiness of a person in a relationship.


1 comment:

  1. but DOPA mere kahayal se ek bande ko main janta hoon jisne DIL TUTNE ke baad blogging shuru kar di !!!! :D

    ReplyDelete